Amy P plus 3

Amy P plus 3

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Running...UGH!!

I have taken a little break since my last half marathon from running. It was a hard race for me for some reason... I got so sick after and I thought...is this worth it?

Here's the thing with it. I am SO sick of fast runners...don't really care for them at all! Mainly cuz I'm jealous. Its like they have this elite little community and unless you can break a 7 min mile on a marathon they wont let you in their club. It bothered me so bad for a while...now i say screw em. I didn't start running to be able to bust out a 7 min mile marathon. I did it because of the way it made me feel. I did it because I felt that I had pushed myself to do something hard. I did it because it was a sense of accomplishment for me. I don't want to compare myself to others with running. It takes the fun and enjoyment out of it. (I still say screw em :) Oops...My jealousy rearing its ugly head again.

So this is my official "I'm still on the running wagon" blog. Running is for ME...no one else and if I were to just bag it because I feel bad?...well that's just stupid. For some reason I cant give it up. No matter how slow I am, i have to remind myself why I started running and why it is such an important thing for me.

So here is my update on my running...
My marathon training schedule started Monday...I had sworn it off like the plague...but decided that I just needed to do it if I was going to get through this marathon in October. I got out and ran 4 miles Monday. It felt great-ish. I ran outside and that part was awesome. I have been a slave to the treadmill for a while and am SO sick of it.

Then came Tuesdays run....I thought, I dont need to do it (lazy!) but I packed my running stuff for work in case I found it in me to do it. Well my co-worker Mikey is getting ready for the Wasatch Back and needed to get a run in too. So we drug each other out on a 5 miler or so...it was good to run with someone. I havent run with anyone for a while and it sure makes a difference.

Then today Wednesday...ran outside again. I felt great...listened to some awesome tunes and tried to clear my head. Oh I love running sometimes...best therapy ever.

So there you have it! I have been 100% diligent so far on keeping with my marathon schedule. All 3 days of it!

Job well done to me!

No comments: