Amy P plus 3

Amy P plus 3

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our adventure to Cali...



I decided to take my kids on a little adventure this last week to California. It was so great! We went to the beach, the aquarium, disneyland and Seaworld. The kids were able to see Kerry and had a great time with him.
The kids were SO good for those 3 days. They had so much fun and were little troopers the whole time. We got up at 3 am on Wednesday morning to make our 6 am flight. I had given them a pep talk the night before about getting up ontime and not crying or whinning when I come to wake them up. I woke them up and they all 3 popped up out of bed without a wimper! They were dressed and ready to go within minutes. Kai and Zoe kept saying, "Come on mom...we're going to miss our flight. LETS GO!" We were out the door and ready to roll by 3:30 am. They were SO excited.
Kai and Zoe had to sit at the front of the plane alone and lucy and I were towards the back SEPARATED! It was quite funny to see Lucy sitting between these 2 big men...(dont worry folks I could see her the whole time!) she didnt move a muscle. Just sat nicely watching her tv and eating animal crackers. What a cool little girl!
At disneyland, the girls got thier pictures taken with the princesses...they were in heaven. Kai's favorite ride was star tours...I nearly hurled after! BLAH!
The beach was amazing...there is nothing better than the beach. Oh I love the beach! I took as many pics as I could and am excited to see how I can crop and zoom in to get some of my favorite sepia pics. They found a jellyfish even...dead of course! Poor lucy got rolled in a wave...fully dressed in a sweater and skirt. She was VERY mad about that. I remember the first time I got rolled in a wave...I never made peace with the ocean since. NO LIE! I need to overcome that I think. I love the ocean to look at and the beach to chill on, but the waves scare me. I need to add that to my list of accomplishments this year...MAKE PEACE WITH THE OCEAN :)
Then there was Seaworld...the place where as a kid I decided that i wanted to be a dolphin trainer and hung onto that dream until someone pointed out that I was going to have to be in the ocean. DANG IT! I still love dolphins and killer whales. I am so retarded...during the Shamu show I actually got teary eyed! HA HA! What a head case I am! Anyway, it was so cool to see. I tried SO hard to get Kai to touch a dolphin during the feeding time, but we didnt have any fish and those dang dolphins would come right up to us and we would reach as FAR as we could...but then would bale as soon as they realized that we didnt have the goods! Stupid Dolphins!
Kai told me that it was my black sleeve on my sweatshirt that was driving them away...i told him that I thought it was his orange sleeve...he rolled it up but still no luck.
All in all, it was a great trip. The kids were so happy to see Kerry and it was great to be in sunny california.
TTFN

No comments: