Amy P plus 3

Amy P plus 3

Sunday, April 27, 2008

I heart ME!

I have set out on a little mission within my heart and head recently. I have decided to go on a little walkabout to learn to love myself. It is something that is completely foreign to me...I didn't think that it was THAT foreign, but as I've started studying myself I have come to realize that I was further away from it than I had thought.

I need to fall in love with ME. I need to love me enough to let go of shame, guilt, and the things that I have done that are hurtful, embrace the pure good in me and fill in the empty spots with things that will bring me peace.

This sounds all good and great right? Well, let me assure you my friends that this is a hard dang road, but a very rewarding road at that. I have turned my guts inside out and taken a good hard look at them. Not a pretty sight...but progress has come.

The purpose of this blog is so that I can actually make a statement of things that I love/like about myself. (I almost just barfed in my mouth when I wrote that...it makes my stomach hurt thinking about it really!)

Those of you that read this may not agree that you love these things about me...that's OK. Its not about what you love about me right now. Its what I love/like about me.
OK...Here goes...sending it out into the universe!

I like my sense of humor. A little edgy and sometimes crass...but it is something that I like about me.

I like my belly button. SAY WHAT YOU WANT...I love it.
(see..me still caring what other people think...AAAHHH!!!)

I love the way I love my kids. I sit on them and kiss them and nibble on them and smell them and cant get enough of every sense. They might not love it...but I sure do!

I love the way I speak to God. He gets me.

I like my eyes. But lets be clear here...not the wrinkles around my eyes, but my eye balls themselves. I have always liked the color of them.

I like that I am verbally equip if needs be. (I'm guessing that some may NOT like this about me, but hey...I like it)

I like my sense of style...or lack of style :)

I love that I'm not afraid of hard work and am a very hard worker (Thanks to my dad:)

And last but not least...

I like that I can apologize.

There you have it...what I like/love about me.

2 comments:

meme said...

I Heart YOU too!

Mandy said...

I love all of those things about you too. (well, I haven't seen your belly button, but I'm sure it's great.) Sounds like you're in the middle of some pretty great defining moments. Love it.