Amy P plus 3

Amy P plus 3

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's Finally Over!

Christmas is OVER! Sorry to sound like a scrooge...but I am so glad to get the year moving on for a few reasons. I didn't get to have my kids with me this year during Christmas. I got to have them for 5 hours on Christmas eve and had to have them promptly back to their dads by 7 for a "family" party they had to get to. Interesting thing was that come to find out...it was some of MY "family". Huh...weird! Another story for another day:)

I really tried to maintain the attitude of "its just another day" so that I wouldn't get sad or feel sorry for myself not being with the kids. It was tough waking up on Christmas morning and not opening presents with them or doing the whole Santa Claus thing the night before...setting out milk cookies...and then seeing how crazily excited they were for what Santa brought them. That makes me sad that I missed that...but know that they had a great Christmas all the same. So at the end of the day it isn't about what I missed as much as if the kids still had a great day and just got to be kids.

I had a great day regardless. SO much yummy food at two different stops. Oh gosh...I love food! We also got to see the Hess family Christmas video which was hilarious as usual...even my best best friend Neil made an appearance!

The days to follow were so relaxing and nice I didn't want them to end! I went on a fantastic trail run with Shaun and Ziggy. It was beautiful, sunny, snowy, and bright! Ziggy was treating me like I was a sheep, herding me right up the mountain. She was RIGHT on my heels and wouldn't pass me. I loved the company since Shaun is much too fast and just leaves ya in the dust...always circles back around of course to make sure you're alive...but pretty much super fast.

Now back to life...work...school...and my most favorite cutest kiddos!

No comments: