Amy P plus 3

Amy P plus 3

Sunday, February 6, 2011

St George Weekend


Since Shaun is in full blown "training mode" for the St George Ironman, we've been making a few little trips down to St George to get him on the course to train. We brought the kiddos this last time and you would have thought that we took them to Disneyland with how much they loved it.

I drove down seperately from Shaun with the kiddos in the car...they were PERFECT little angels the whole way down. I got them a happy meal...put on a movie...and all was well!

Even though it was January, it got up to 65 degrees and was beautiful! Shaun got up Saturday morning and I drove him to the starting line of the Painters Half marathon... Which was my first half marathon 4 dang years ago! I wish that I had registered and ran it since the weather was just perfect it seemed. I did have a raging case of race envy that day, but got over it:) Shaun did great of course.. came in about 10-15 minutes before he told me he would so me and Lulu missed him at the finish line.

The rest of the trip consisted of a few dips in the cold but refreshing swimming pool and some outdoor adventures! Shaun wanted to take the kids on a hike so we headed up Snow Canyon...We were directed to some Lava Tubes...so we started our hike... but since we were with Shaun, it ended up a trail run which the kids LOVED! The views were amazing and it was a beautiful sunny St George Day...was SO happy to get out of the freezing cold for a moment to thaw out.





No comments: