Amy P plus 3

Amy P plus 3

Sunday, February 6, 2011

50 Miles? Are you Serious?

I'm training for the Squaw Peak 50 miler in June and the training is coming along slowly but surely. I just wish I could get up on the trails and get my climbing legs built. I've spent a bunch of time on the stair climber, but it just isnt the same. I did have a great run up on a trail in the snow which was strait up and strait down...that felt great to get out off the dreadmill! That was only 9 miles...so 41 to go? Oh boy oh boy! I've got some work to do.

 I can't believe that I'm going to attempt this...it seem so much bigger than me. But I'm confident I can finish. Just how long its going to take me will be the big question. When I've been at the finish line in the past, Ive been there and watched all the folks coming in around 10-12 hours...I will be more in the mid teens range! YOWZERZ! I've asked my die hard buddy Brandi to pace me the last bit. She has that crazy do or die attitude that no matter if her leg is chopped off, or mine for that matter, she'd get me to the finish line. Come to think about it...why isn't SHE doing this race?

I've got a great race line up to get me ready for this one. I've got a 18 or so mile trail race on Antelope Island in March, as well as a half marathon in Moab sometime around there too. Then in May the Timp Trail Marathon, which is 2 weeks prior and will be a GREAT indication of how I will be on Squaw Peak.

Can't wait to feel ready and have it here. Just need to get those miles logged weekly! NO EXCUSES!

1 comment:

pliska said...

You'll do great Amy! You're also super-hard core. I wonder if I'll ever do a 50 miler; I'm sure it won't happen this year though.