Amy P plus 3

Amy P plus 3

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Monday Trail Run

The great news is that I have finally started to take my training seriously...just 3 weeks before my triathlon:) HA! That's the way I roll I guess.


This Monday I went on a fabulous very healing and therapeutic trail run. I haven't done a ton of trail running at all...but I got my fancy new shoes that I love with all my heart so I figured I'd start being one with nature and break those bad boys in. I got about half way and just decided to stop and take it all in for a few. It was SO quiet and beautiful. I havent been in a place that quiet for a long time. I decided to just chill for a moment on a rock...it was great:) I felt SO peaceful and comfortable. I seriously didn't want to leave that spot, and not just because I didn't want to run back either:) It was actually pretty emotional for me. It was a place that I could just let it out and have a mini break down without having to immediately pull it together for the kids sake or hiding it from someone. I could just let it out and not give a crap...cuz no one was there to judge, question, mock, console, bug, etc. I could just freaking BE! The mountains looked exceptionally awesome that day too. The tops were unbelievably white with really crisp looking snow up against a perfectly blue sky. I feel like I just described a dessert at cheesecake factory or something:) Anyway, definitely one of my favorite ways to see the mountains.

My run down was AMAZING! I felt SO great. I felt so fresh, relieved, and surprisingly fast:) I know...surprising HA! Great experience I had to write about.

No comments: